We all know it’s important to keep track of and check in on our goals throughout the year, but we still manage to avoid it. In this week’s tip, I explore concrete ways to guide this process and give you questions to ask in these meetings.
Checking in on goals is critical for many reasons. It will…
- Ensure that you’re making progress toward the desired outcomes
- Keep employees motivated in their day-to-day work
- Give you a better standpoint from which to make decisions
- Create safe space to communicate honest, open feedback (both directions)
- Allow you to accurately report progress and pain-points to your boss
With a little planning now, you can set the trajectory for a more productive year.
“Two-Minute Tips” are a series of short videos with relevant, expert leadership advice.